Core A - Fair Play in Fair Housing: It's Not a Game, It's the Law! is a mandatory continuing education course for your Hawaii Real Estate license renewal. At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify real estate-related bills passed by the legislature in 2021.
- Recall the benefits of exercising fair housing principles in your real estate business and how attitudes and laws have evolved to support fair housing principles; identify the protected classes, both federally and in Hawaii, and describe prohibited practices in Hawaii.
-Identify how to comply with fair housing law, avoid discrimination in advertising, selecting, and showing a property, and identify how fair housing law applies to sales and property management.
- Recall how to ensure leases are nondiscriminatory; and discuss fair housing issues that impact property management in Hawaii.
- Recall the advantages of fair housing from the perspective of a real estate practice.
Instructor: Everett Kaneshige
Please review the following policies;
Full refunds or transfers to another class will be honored if the cancellation request is made in writing to Hana@RAMaui.com at least 5 calendar days before the scheduled class. Ex: If your class is on the 25th you will need to cancel no later than the 20th.
Transfers to another class will be honored if the cancellation request is made in writing to Hana@RAMaui.com up until the start time of the class. Ex: If your class is at 9:00am HST on the 25th you will need to cancel no later than 9:00am on the 25th.
"No Shows" will not receive a full or partial refund or a transfer credit. You may be marked as "No Show" if you are more than ten minutes late for a CE or GRI class since you are no longer eligible for receive those credits.
I understand and agree that I must fulfill the following requirements in order to receive the Continuing Education (CE) credits from this class;
1. I will confirm my identity by sending my First/Last Name and RE License number via the Zoom chat function to the class administrator.
2. I understand that if I am more than ten minutes late to the class I will not be eligible for CE credits and may not be admitted.
3. I will have a working camera and my entire face will remain on camera for the entirety of the instruction.
4. I will be focused on the class and not multi-tasking during the instruction. This means I will not be cooking, driving, exercising, shopping, talking on the phone, etc. during any point of the class.
5. I will participate in the class as called upon by the instructor and will respond to the class administrator when contacted via the Zoom chat function.
6. I understand that if I am in non-compliance of any of the above requirements I will be contacted by the class administrator via the Zoom chat function. If I do not respond to the class administrator or remain in non-compliance for more than ten minutes I may be removed from the meeting and will not be able to continue the class or receive a refund.
RAM reserves the right to reschedule or substitute instructors; reschedule or cancel a class due to insufficient registration; and dismiss disruptive students from the classroom.