2021-2022 CORE A FAIR PLAY IN FAIR HOUSING: IT'S NOT A GAME, IT'S THE LAW!
Wednesday, November 10, 2021 (9:00 AM - 12:15 PM) (HST)
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Identify real estate-related bills passed by the legislature in 2021.
• Recall the benefits of exercising fair housing principles in your real estate business and how attitudes and laws have evolved to support fair housing principles; identify the protected classes both federally and in Hawaii and describe prohibited practices in Hawaii.
• Identify how to comply with fair housing law, avoid discrimination when advertising, selecting, and showing a property, and identify how fair housing law applies to sales and property management.
• Recall how to ensure leases are nondiscriminatory; and discuss fair housing issues that impact property management in Hawaii.
• Recall the advantages of fair housing from the perspective of a real estate practice.
Class will be taught via ZOOM video conferencing. Access link and course materials will be emailed prior to the class. INSTRUCTOR HAS SET THE MAXIMUM REGISTRATION AT 40 STUDENTS!
Instructor: James "Kimo" Stone
3 MANDATORY CE credits
READ THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT OF POLICIES: Cancellations and/or transfers must be made five (5) calendar days prior to the course date. A Photo ID and current real estate pocket card is required at each check-in. Students must LOGIN on time and be present for 100% of the course. Failure to meet these requirements will result in forfeit of course fee and/or CE certification. RAM reserves the right to reschedule or substitute instructors; reschedule or cancel a class due to insufficient registration; and dismiss disruptive students from the classroom.