CORE A - Fair Play in Fair Housing: It's Not a Game, It's the Law!
Monday, September 26, 2022 (9:00 AM - 12:30 PM) (HST)
Core A - Fair Play in Fair Housing: It's Not a Game, It's the Law! is a mandatory continuing education course for your Hawaii Real Estate license renewal.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify real estate-related bills passed by the legislature in 2021.
- Recall the benefits of exercising fair housing principles in your real estate business and how attitudes and laws have evolved to support fair housing principles; identify the protected classes, both federally and in Hawaii, and describe prohibited practices in Hawaii.
- Identify how to comply with fair housing law, avoid discrimination in advertising, selecting, and showing a property, and identify how fair housing law applies to sales and property management.
- Recall how to ensure leases are nondiscriminatory; and discuss fair housing issues that impact property management in Hawaii.
- Recall the advantages of fair housing from the perspective of a real estate practice.
The class will be taught via Zoom Video Conferencing
Instructor: James “Kimo” Stone
CE Credits: 3